Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Wee Bit of Shenanigans!

We had a fun little St. Patrick's Day at our house. I was excited to use the "lucky" bow I made for Rachel at our enrichment last fall. She's finally old enough to look cute with those BIG bows. I wish her hair would hold curl a little longer (poor thing, gets it from me.) But this is what it looked like for an hour or two in the morning. Yes, I do curl it a few times a week though you would never guess it. We also watched Darby O'Gill and The Little People in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I had never seen it before, but I think it will become a family classic for us! I had never seen the young Sean Connery in a movie either, so that was kind of fun. I couldn't help but speak with my poor imitation of an Irish brogue for the rest of the night.
And of course, every year Austin requests Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner with yucky green punch (the best green meal we could come up with). I always throw a few more things on the table that aren't green because I don't think you can have a meal with just salad. (Am I right?) Oh, and pistachio salad for dessert. Anyway, it was great fun.

3 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Oooo...I want to come to YOUR house for St Patty's Day, you guys had way more fun stuff! (c: I *love* that bow, you should to a post on how to make a bow...just for me...because I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't know how to make one...(c:

Bryan and Sarah said...

Your day looks like it was so much fun! I'll have to check out the movie next year!

Preston and Keri said...

Rachels hair looks so cute!! Chicken Caesar salad sounds a lot better than corn beef and cabbage! Yuck!
Glad you guys had a goo St. Patty's Day!