"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." ~Anthony Brandt
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Clear Sidewalks!
Normally I wouldn't think that 45 degrees was great weather for playing outside, but the sidewalks were finally clear, and it felt nice enough with jackets, so we took Rachel's doll for a little walk. She was so excited. Every time I said, "Okay, let's turn around." She would say, "No! I want to go this way!" And she would run ahead. I think she would have walked around the whole subdivision if I let her.

Rachel has hit a little assertive streak lately. She's been so easygoing up to this point, that we feel a little surprised at having to talk her into doing so many things. Can you believe that she's hardly ever said, "No" to us before now? But she's also full of questions these days, and that has been fun. We were at the grocery store this week, and she asked me about twenty times, "What's making that sound, Mommy?" I finally figured out that she meant the beeping of the groceries being scanned. But I just couldn't satisfy her with any answer that I gave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My goodness she is just growing up so fast! I love that she is walking her doll. So cute! Yay for spring being just around the corner! :) I'm sure you are just as ready for it as I am.
So cute! I love hearing about Rachel! Jessie is huge into saying no. She'll often want something and then halfway through say, "no, no, no!" Rachel is growing up fast! I'll have to get Jessie a baby stroller too!
What? You couldn't bounce upside down? That's weird! =)
Bry also just learned "no, no, no" on Sunday! Luckily she doesn't say it to us yet.
It's been warmer here too and we are loving it!
Can't wait for summer!
I'm so jealous that she is just now "asserting herself" as Caden has been doing that since the day he turned two...wanna trade??? (c: I think girls just seem to be very, *very* different from the little men folk. I am so excited for spring to hit I can barely stand it! Come on sunshine! (c: Btw, Rachel is just a doll, her eyes are just so pretty...watch out boys!
Post a Comment