
For those of you who didn't know, my mom got in a serious four-wheeling accident about a week ago. She broke her pelvis and her arm. And one of the first things she asked the doctor was, "Will I be able to go to our family reunion at Bear Lake next week?" She is one seriously tough lady. She was only able to make it up for the last day at Bear Lake because she needed to be near the hospital bed that they are renting. We are so grateful that she is okay, but we know that it will be hard for her to live her life in a wheelchair for the next month or two.

We decided to rent a cabin at Harbor Village near Bear Lake and divide the cost between all of us siblings. It was nice because we all had our own rooms. Rachel's favorite thing about the cabin was the sand volleyball court. She could have played there all day.

Grandpa Monson with his two little granddaughters. Doesn't his face just show how much he loves being a grandpa?

The cabin. We had beautiful weather the first day and spent most of it on the beach. (Sorry, I forgot my camera on beach day.) We rented a boat, jet skis, and the little girls loved using thier sand pails. The next day, we spent most of our time at a nearby indoor pool and just stuck around the cabin so we could visit with my mom.

It was a nice trip. We wished that my parents could have been there for all of it. (Rescheduling wasn't an option, since we would have lost a big deposit.) But we still made some great memories and spent some quality family time together.
5 comments:
It looks like you had fun! I'm sorry about your mom - I hope she gets feeling better every day! I've always wanted to go to Bear Lake; I'll bet it was beautiful! I love how your family does reunions!
So fun!!! I have never been to Bear Lake so I'm pretty jealous!
Sorry about your Mom. I'm glad she's Ok though.
We should do a Robertson family reunion like that one of these years. Maybe you and I can plan it! =) See you in a few days!!
My Dad told me what happened to your Mom, Poor Aunt Leslie I feel so bad. I hope she can recover quickly!
I'm so glad your mom is okay! Well, I mean besides the obvious (and serious!) injuries...but the cabin looks so gorgeous, what a fun trip! And I just have to say, aren't you SO glad that Edilania found us on facebook??? It's days like this that I'm so grateful for the internet! (c:
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!! She is such an amazing woman, I hope her recovery goes well and quickly. Send her my love and thoughts!
Post a Comment