Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our 4th of July

Rachel seemed much more excited about the parade this year. She held onto her little patriotic bead necklance the whole time. I was pretty pleased with how well she sat still like a big girl. She was so excited about the horses and the clowns. She also really seemed to like the marching bands. In the car on the way home, we were asking her what she saw and she just kept talking about all of the different things, "See horsies! Clowns! Dums! Flags! Bloons!" etc...
It was a special treat to have all of Austin's family in town for the 4th. I really wanted a picture with all of the cousins. It was not an easy feat, (Rachel was the absolute worst one for sitting still.) But I did manage to get this one for posterity's sake. Cute kids.

6 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

That picture turned out cute of all the cousins. Too bad my daughter is in her diaper. =) Oh well!
It was so fun to see you guys and get to hang out more. Thanks for braving the fireworks with us!

Oh, and I thought I would let you know, I was able to get all the punch out of my shirt with no problem. Just a little Oxi Clean and one wash and it came out. =) Tell Rachel that I have forgiven her. Haha! Seriously though, I wasn't worried about it AT ALL!!!

M said...

OH, Rachel is so darling! She just gets cuter and cuter. She looks so grown up with her patriotic bead necklace.

Looks like you guys had fun this 4th of July.

Kristine said...

It was fun to run into you at the parade! I can't get over how pretty Rachel is. Her eyes are amazing! Anyway, glad you had a fun 4th!

Bryan and Sarah said...

I like your post! Rachel is so cute; I love her words! We had so much fun seeing you guys - Thanks for hanging out and showing us your place! We hope you come and see us (and Wicked) soon!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Yeah, taking pictures of groups of kids is like hearding cats...but yours actually turned out pretty good! Rachel is just so darling, my mom was just reading over my shoulder and was so excited to see my comp and her ADORABLE daughter! (c:

Kellie Henry said...

Looks like you had a blast over the holiday! We have been praying for your mom and hear she is doing better. She is a tough lady!