Since this is our first home, we've learned a lot about what we would do differently as far as the landscaping goes. This little plot of dirt has been the bane of our landscaping efforts. We've moved so many different plants from that spot. We finally planted tulip bulbs, and I've loved them these last few weeks. (For those of you family members who didn't get to see them.) Too bad they don't last longer. I'm going to plant some annuals around them as soon as the last tulips expire. Any suggestions? Petutnias? Impatiens? We also need to invest in more trees this summer because we only have three. Any ideas on some very cold-hardy, easy-to-grow trees? Austin has a better green-thumb than I do, but we're still both learning a lot concerning yards...
"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." ~Anthony Brandt
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Concerning Yards
Since this is our first home, we've learned a lot about what we would do differently as far as the landscaping goes. This little plot of dirt has been the bane of our landscaping efforts. We've moved so many different plants from that spot. We finally planted tulip bulbs, and I've loved them these last few weeks. (For those of you family members who didn't get to see them.) Too bad they don't last longer. I'm going to plant some annuals around them as soon as the last tulips expire. Any suggestions? Petutnias? Impatiens? We also need to invest in more trees this summer because we only have three. Any ideas on some very cold-hardy, easy-to-grow trees? Austin has a better green-thumb than I do, but we're still both learning a lot concerning yards...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay tulips are the friendliest flower! I don't know if it's because they're one of the first to bloom after the looooooong winter or if it's cuz they're just so colorful but I really think they are one of my favorites!
Oooo, pretty tulips! I've always been a big fan of pansies, they are usually pretty hardy and come in all sorts of bright colors...(c:
Do you get a lot of sun in that garden bed? I just planted a bunch of zinnias. They do great in the sun and are very fun flowers. I'd suggest those.
As for trees, I can't help you too much. It seems like maple trees do well in cold weather, but you might want to check on that.
Let us know what you end up picking!
I'm excited to see your new fence and yard! I'll bet they look great!
Post a Comment