Monday, January 5, 2009

Stake Musical

I just thought I'd share what's new. Our stake is doing the musical Esther and the King. (This picture is from the old-school version.) I haven't done anything with musical theater since highschool, but I thought a stake musical sounded like something we should participate in. I actually got Austin to come to the audition with me, and they invited him to be part of the play, too. He was a good support.

I was cast as one of Esther's handmaidens, and Austin will be in the big choir of "villagers." Even though our parts are small, I think it will be fun. The performance is in March. I know it will be a little bit of a time commitment, but I figured that it won't get easier down the road. (We're home every evening, so it will be good to get out once or twice a week for rehearsals.) I really like a lot of the cast members, so I'll actually look forward to practices! For those of you who haven't seen the new Liken version of Esther, this is my favorite scene.

4 comments:

Bryan and Sarah said...

I think that is so cool that your stake is putting on a musical; I wish we could see it. I'll bet you'll have fun participating! By the way, The Hunger Games was ridiculously good! Thanks for the tip!

M said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys will have a chance to get out of the house and be in the musical. That would be fun to see.

I've never seen the Liken version before - thanks for posting that clip. I know Summer, the girl who played Esther. She and I went to a summer camp with the BYU Young Ambassadors when we were teenagers.

-Monica (aka Smitchey)

Christina said...

Wow! Sounds fun. Our stake is doing a King Lamoni production that I'll be part of as well (just a pianist). Ours is in May. I LOVE the story of Esther. I bet it will be amazing.

Katy said...

Tonight was fun! I think the musical is going to be great! I am looking forward to learning the dance on Saturday. By the way, thanks for the nice comment on my blog. You are so sweet!