So, a lot of our dates consist of watching a movie in the basement after Rachel goes to bed. (I have a hunch we're not the only ones.) It's a good date for a lot of reasons: 1)It's cheap, 2)You can cuddle without making strangers feel uncomfortable, 3)The refrigerator beats the concession stand, 4)No baby-sitter is required.
But Last week, Austin and I were able to spend almost an entire day together. We were in Utah visiting his family for a reunion. We also stopped in on my folks for a day, and my mom was so excited to tend Rachel, we had to take advantage. We woke up early and hiked up to Timpanogos Cave. Austin had never been, and I hadn't been for at least ten years. We beat the heat and got the first tour of the day. Our tour guide was VERY perky, Austin thought the cave formations were cool, and I learned that Timp Cave has one of the world's largest collections of "helectites" (I think that's how you spell it.) The best part was that we could take a leisurely pace and hold hands most of the time.
After our cave hike, we came home, cleaned up, and went to see The Dark Knight. I really enjoyed the movie and was one of the many impressed with Heath Ledger's performance. The only problem was that after watching Christian Bale, I had to come home and rent Newsies. Anyway, it was great to have a day with just us and lots of hand-holding. It kind of made me feel like a flirty college girl again, and I guess I need to feel that every once in a while.
2 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a great time. I still have never hiked to Timpanogos Cave. Maybe Brandon and I will have to make a trip and have Grandma Monson watch Brenna too. I'll bet it was fun to have the day together! We miss you and hope to see you soon.
-Mandee
I'm so glad you guys had a great day! I had a better one tending Rachel. She's beautiful right down to her nicely defined eyebrows! People can be so interesting can't they? Love Mom
Post a Comment