Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rachel's 6th Birthday Party!

I can't believe my little girl is six!  Rachel really wanted to share this birthday with her friends, so she had her first ever friend birthday party this year. She wanted a "Garden Girl" party, so I made ladybug and flower cupcakes. We attempted "flower balloons" and had garden-themed games and prizes. I think she had fun and appreciated her party.







She wanted a fish for her birthday this year, so we went to PetCo on her actual birthday and she picked out a dark blue Betta Fish.  His name is Midnight Moonlight Midnight-light.  (First, Middle, and Last names.)  Luckily, we just call him Midnight for short.  She is pretty excited to not be sleeping alone anymore.  She has been wanting to share a room, so she can share it with her fish now!   


We sure love our little Rachel.  She is such a giggly, silly and fun girl.  She has become an excellent reader and just blows us away with her academic abilities.  She has been a wonderful big sister, does her chores and makes her bed every day without complaining, and is so affectionate.  She often just says out of the blue, "Mom, I love you so much." (Or she says it to Dad or James.)  She currently loves spaghetti, chips and salsa, and Neopolitan ice cream.  She has enjoyed the movie "Wreck-it Ralph" this year.  She loves all of her extended family, especially cousins close to her age and Uncle Jakob.  We are very grateful for Rachel in our lives.  She blesses our family so much.   

2 comments:

Bryan and Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Rachel! She is such a beautiful girl. I wish that we go to see her sweet ways in action more!

Preston and Keri said...

Hahaha! I was cracking up about the fish's name!! I love it!
Happy Birthday cute girl!! Your birthday party looks amazing! Your mom sure did a great job!!