Monday, November 14, 2011

Nine Months!

I can't believe my little guy is already 9 months old! Everyone told me it goes even more quickly with the second child, but seriously! I can't believe how fast he's growing up on me. (This picture is him at 7-months, by the way.) He looks about the same except he has two little bottom teeth now and a little more hair. Still as chubby as ever. He was 27 lbs. and 31 inches at his checkup. I'm glad the doctor isn't worried at all about our giant babies.

James is doing well with his solid foods and seems to prefer vegetables to fruits, although he loves bananas. He is babbling "ma-ma-ma" and "da-da" and "na-na" all the time. He has learned to pick up little puffs with his fingers and feed himself. He is taking two naps a day...sometimes decent naps, but usually shorter than I'd like. He sleeps through the night 80% of the time. He loves his big sis.

He is everywhere and into everything...but he mostly rolls around still. (Yes, he has been rolling everywhere for four months now.) The other day I turned around for just a few minutes and James was gone. He had rolled through the kitchen, across the living room, down the hall, into our bedroom, and then into my walk-in closet where I found him sucking on my shoelaces. It's funny how quickly he gets around that way. He is rocking on his hands and knees and starting to slither forward on his belly, so I imagine he'll be crawling or at least "army-crawling" pretty soon. He also loves to stand by the couch, but he definitely needs a hand ready to catch his big body as it comes crashing down periodically. The balance is still coming. His development has taken the same course as Rachel's in many ways, so I'm not stressing any milestones. I think he's just right.

He is the cuddliest, smiliest, sweetest baby boy ever. So grateful for my little chunk.

2 comments:

Bryan and Sarah said...

I love how you call him your little chunk and how he rolls everywhere! He is such a cuddly pie.

Preston and Keri said...

Awww, little Pita is just so cute! =) I also love how he rolls around everywhere.
I love squishy babies!