Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome, Baby James!

Introducing: James Austin Robertson
Born: Friday, February 11th, 2011
Weight: 7 lbs. 15.6 oz. (Can we just say eight pounds?)
Length: 20.5 inches
We went in Friday morning to be induced, and James arrived into the world around 11:00 a.m. The doctor broke my water around 10:00, and I went from 3 cm. to 10cm. in about an hour. It was crazy fast. The doctor barely made it back to the hospital in time to catch the baby. I was glad I had an epidural for at least the last 10 or 15 minutes. It was just so fast and furious. Definitely a memorable birthing experience. James came out quiet, but before I could get worried he started hollering and didn't stop for a long time.
I just love this picture. Rachel's initial reaction to James was so sweet. She was so excited to be at the hospital and told Grandpa that she "loved her baby brother." She got a little worried the day we brought him home. She said, "I want three people to be in our family." Since then she gives him sweet kisses and "helps" with him...or she just ignores him. We'll see what the coming weeks are like.
Cute little profile. His hair looks a little darker in this picture, but he is quite a blondie.

He has the longest fingers and toes. And he is just so sweet with his eyes open. He has been a pretty good baby so far. He hates being undressed and squeals with every diaper change. He loves being held and usually wakes up when he's set down. Right now his days and nights are pretty mixed up, so we're exhausted. But if I have to be up all night, I'd rather do it cuddling a newborn. We just love him and are so grateful for the sweet spirit he's brought into our home.

20 comments:

The Bunker Family said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable and the picture of Rachel holding him is so sweet. Good luck with the transition - I hope it goes smoothly! With your sweet personality I'm sure it will be easy as pie.

Kristine said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a pretty exciting labor! Glad that it went well. I bet Rachel will be a great big sister. Hope your recovery goes well and James figures out sleeping soon! :)

Brandon and Mandee said...

Congratulations again! It is so fun to see pictures of him. What a beautiful baby! Can't wait to meet him! We are very happy for you.

M said...

Congratulations! What a darling little boy. I'm sure that Rachel and James will be fast friends.

Bryan and Sarah said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful! I love the name!

Jake and Laura Eames said...

Congrats! I agree if you have to be up all night it is totally worth it if you are holding a newborn. Glad all of you are doing well!

Alisha said...

He's BEAUTIFUL Krystal! I'm so happy for you! Nothing like a sweet baby in your home! CONGRATS!

Craig said...

Wow! I can't believe he was almost 8 lbs and you were so tiny! He is adorable. Congrats! I have 5 weeks to go and am counting down!

Trenda said...

That comment above was from me. Craig is not pregnant! Lol!

Mosers said...

Congrats! I was working the day you had your baby and wanted so bad to stop by and say Congrats but that's a HIPPA violation! So now you've announced it.. I can actually say it! CONGRATS.. HE'S SUPPER CUTE!

Preston and Keri said...

Congratulations guys! He is adorable! I still can't believe you delivered such a big boy!!
Hopefully he gets his days and nights figured out soon...for your sake!

Erin said...

So glad he's here!!!!! I hope everything is going o.k. at home settling in. I have a gift for you...maybe I'll give you a call next week and we'll have Rachel come and play! He looks adorable!! Take care!

Elise said...

Oh he looks so sweet and I love that picture of he and Rachel! I hope everything is going well for you guys! I hope the next few weeks and months go smoothly and everyone settles in together well! Love you!

Katy said...

Congrats! He is SO cute! I love the last picture. He looks like he is really trying to take in his surroundings.

Robin and Stephenie said...

oh congrats! I am so happy for you and he is such a handsome little guy

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

He is just so precious...what a hansome little guy!!! It's just so fun to have the siblings...don't worry, they will love each other, but won't ever admit it! (c: Congrats!

Our Family said...

Yup... I think you're definitely justified in claiming 8 lbs. silly scale. He's beautiful Krystal!

Cassie said...

He's beautiful. Congrats. :)

janeen said...

congratualations!

The Stones said...

Congratulations on the new little bundle! He is absolutely perfect. I hope you're all doing well. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to bring dinner or do anything to help you out. I have not wanted to spread our germs. We're all better now so if you ever need anything PLEASE let me know. Congrats again!