And now I feel like I am offically through with reality television. I usually don't go in for conspiracy theories, but I'm starting to think that a lot of these reality and talent shows really are very scripted. And does the finale always HAVE to be a huge upset?
The winner, Kevin Skinner, seems really nice as far as rednecks go, but he can't sing any better than those guys that carry guitars around the college dorms and serenade the ladies. True, he was an unlikely star, and he seems sincere, but he hasn't done anything courageous or noteworthy. And now he's going to have his own show in Vegas? Hmmm...we'll see how that goes. I hold nothing personal against Kevin Skinner; I just feel a little sad that America voted for him over at least three other acts that were far superior in terms of talent: Recycled Percussion, Barbara Padilla, and the Texas Tenors.
This opera-singing cancer survivor, Barbara Padilla, is the real star of the season in my opinion. She has true talent, a delightful personality, and an adorable accent. Not to mention that she's beautiful. I know not everyone is an opera fan, but she was really something special. Sniff, sniff. Did anyone else watch the season, and, if so, do you think I'm off my rocker?
3 comments:
I only watched AGT for a few weeks this summer, and then it started to get kind of tedious. (I think I prefer American Idol, where singing is the ONLY talent, instead of all of the other bizarre acts on AGT.) Anyhow, I did watch Barbara and Kevin's auditions - and now I'm baffled to read that Kevin won THE. WHOLE. COMPETITION. When I heard him, he sounded like a Garth Brooks knockoff. Perhaps he improved as the show went on, but I can't imagine that he is going to have his own Vegas show. He was fine, but he wasn't that great.
I totally agree - Barbara would have been a better choice.
Sorry, I don't watch that show but I'm sure that you're right on who should have won. I hate being disappointed on those kind of shows though.
Thanks again for taking Kayston back with you. I hope he didn't talk your ear off or say anything offending! =)
Are you serious . . . he won! I saw the show a few weeks ago and was really surprised that he was in the top 10 and he won!
Post a Comment