For those of you who haven't seen our vehicles, we have both been driving 13-year-old cars since before we got married. Austin has been commuting in a little two-door '96 Chevy Beretta. And I have never seen a man more attached to his car. I'm being serious. Austin said that his Beretta was like a horcrux that housed a piece of his soul. (Ask a Harry Potter fan if you don't know what that means.) He would drive it forever if he could. I guess I should be glad that my hubby doesn't have an appetite for pricey cars.
Well, last winter we discovered that the Beretta needed some repairs that totalled more than the value of the car, so we decided to simply drive it until it was DONE. Austin said it was like his car had cancer, and he would have time to grieve for its passing. That day has come; our terminally ill car is shot. And I'm thrilled that TODAY we bought a newer used car that will meet our family's needs a little better.
Now we just need to destroy the horcrux. It's still parked in front of our house.
6 comments:
Ha ha! Congrats on the new car! I wish I had a basilisk's fang to loan you, so you could properly destroy Beretta.
HaHa! Austin is so funny about his car. I remember when he brought it up here to have the new paint job done. He was SOOOO excited about how it turned out.
Congrats on the new car! What did you end up getting??
Thats pretty funny! that's what we are doing with the Beast.. If you don't know what vehicle I am talking about.. check it out at the side of my house .. it's a 1984 Chevy Blazer. But... It fits us all (and the dogs) and it only cost us 200.00. Sometimes its the old ones that are more reliable!
Yea! for the new car...sorry Austin about the piece of your soul! )c: hahaha That is such a funny way to describe his attachment to his car, but yes, you are lucky that he is super attached to his Beretta and not a brand new mustang or something...(c:
Austin I know how you feel... I still morn the death of my car from a accident while I lived in Tacoma. It does get easier but you never really get over the loss of a loved well used car. :)
Awesome! A new car will be so nice! I like hearing about Austin's quirks!
Post a Comment