I don't know if anyone else got this little story Harry Hubble the Boy in the Plastic Bubble with some Huggies coupons in the mail. I thought it was a really cute book until I realized that I am a little too much like the mom who keeps her kid in a bubble all the time so he/she won't get messy.I mean, if I get Rachel in her grubbies and think to myself, "Okay, she can get messy in those," then I'm fine. But when it's some impromptu mess-making opportunity and all the other kids are sticky, dirty, (and happy about it) it's really hard for me to let loose. And if I do, I end up taking her clothes off as soon as I can and scrubbing out the stains before they set in.
I feel like I should probably just let her "be a kid" and not worry about it, but I just have issues with red popsicles dripping down a pretty pastel shirt. Does anyone else have this same challenge? Or if you're good at letting your kids get dirty, do you have any advice on how I can get over it?
9 comments:
Krystal I think that we are worse. We are so protective (with good reason) of our little one. Not so much with the clothes ( Her incessant puking cured us of that) But we don;t like her to be on the floor if we don't feel it is clean enough and we are constantly washing her little hands if people touch them. I think we need to be less uptight but we are responsible for these kids and their health. Huggies is just trying to sell their new baby wipes. It is ok to protect our kids from the nasty germs that surround us. Good luck with this challenge! :)
I don't worry too much, unless we are somewhere like a wedding or a nice outing and I want them to stay nice looking. I know that I can get out almost anything with a litle bit of OXY clean spray. It is magic! :)I think as time goes on and you have more kids, you will loosen up a little more. Don't worry too much about it.
I'm the SAME way!!! You just wait until you have a boy! ;) Even when Kayston is in play clothes...I'm thinking, there is still going to me a mess I have to clean up and he'll probably need a shower and I don't want dirt brought into the house.
I find myself trying to make life easier for ME!! But poor Kayston is the one missing out on being a "kid".
I've been trying to get better but it's not easy.
I found that sometimes...it's easier to just look the other way for a while!!
Good luck!
Hi Krystal! I love your new blog design! You are so good at changing it up. As long as I have an extra outfit, I don't care if Jessie gets messy - so far. I can't explain why, maybe it means that if she's making a mess, at least she's not whining!
Have two more. It cured me anyway. Dirt always washes off...that's what I keep telling myself.
(And I'm an OxyClean fan too:)
I think I've always just not cared very much...but I also think it's because I have a boy!!! I am noticing I care a lot more about what Skylar does to her clothes than Caden...There is no easy answer! I personally prefer the "controlled chaos"...
Krystal-
Cute new profile pic! The Mickey cake is baked in a Mickey-shaped pan, so I just have to frost it. It takes a couple of hours to do it. My in-laws bought us the pan, I'll have to ask where they got it. You would definitely be welcome to borrow the pan if you'd like!
~Kristine
I'm sure I will start to care once he is big enough to really be making messes. I think I will have a hard time, because I really don't like stains, and I'm almost obsessive compulsive when it comes to organizing and cleaning. No worries! I've decided I will learn to let go, but that sometimes it's okay to be that overprotective mom. P.s. hope you don't mind that I added you to my blog!
I thought this was cute too. I try to let him get messy but I'm selective in outfits too!
Post a Comment