Thursday, April 2, 2009

Traveling problem...solved!

This was the best little investment we've made in quite a while. Traveling was a breeze with Rachel for about the first year, and then it suddenly became a horror ride! She would be okay for about two hours and then she was a lost cause. (No amount of pit stops, snacks, books, or toys would console her.)
After the purchase? Ahhhh...Four hours of bliss on the road. I'll never travel again without it. I never thought I'd resort to a DVD player in the car, (I mean, parents have been traveling "DVD-free" for decades, right?) But I've been converted; and I am just fine with being shamelessly dependent on Tigger and Pooh.

Anyone else in the same boat?

10 comments:

Our Family said...

Woo woo! Technology is an incredible gift... use it or you'll lose it, right?

Katy said...

We have one too. What a lifesaver!!!

Preston and Keri said...

We bought the little Itouch so we can use it in the car and take it into restaurants. It has been a lifesaver while eating out and taking trips!!
We never leave the house without it!:)

The Bunker Family said...

We are definitely right there with you! We don't make a long trip without it!

Trenda said...

I agree! I don't know how the pioneers did it! Or anyone traveling long distances with kids without a DVD player for that matter. :)

Erin said...

Yes, these are a sanity saver!! I'm so glad she's traveling better being entertained. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know I added you to my blog list so I can get to your blog a little easier! Hope that's o.k.!!!

Bryan and Sarah said...

When we got rid of out TV, we bought a portable DVD player so that we can still watch movies. I've thought that it might come in handy for Jessie in the future!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Hi, my name is Aubrey and I am also a shameless DVD player addict!!! (c: Yeah, there is just no other way to do it...But I have got to comment on your stake play, oh my gosh!!! That is a lot of work and it looks awesome! Hopefully it all goes/went well! (c: I love the pictures with Rachel at the zoo, it's so cute how much they love animals!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love seeing you guys for Easter, it was a lot of fun! We are still chuckling over how cute Rachel was during the easter egg hunt, trying to "roll" down the hill. I have such cute neices

Robin and Stephenie said...

we are lookig for one for our trip to washinton this summer.