Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break

We went to visit my family for our spring break. It was cold, but we decided that we needed to do something more than sit around. Austin and I had a date night. We also took Rachel to IKEA. And I really wanted to go to Hogle Zoo, so we bundled up and went. I was so impressed with the new elephant exhibit. Rachel probably loved the elephants, giraffes and peacocks the best.


The giraffe was a really messy eater. Rachel seemed to be so concerned that he was spilling his water. It was cute. She just kept looking worried and saying "Uh-oh, water!"

We were glad we went to the zoo in spite of the chilly weather. By the time we had been there for an hour, it warmed up a bit, and the zoo was not very busy, so we got lots of good looks at the animals. I worried that none of the animals would be out, but we got to see them all!

Of course, we had to get some pictures on the cute little discovery toys. Rachel had no idea what a slug was (I think that's a slug in the above picture), but she sure seemed excited about riding on one.

7 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

Looks like fun! I actually heard that it's better to go to the zoo when it's colder cause the animals are more active so you picked a good time to go. Glad you guys had a fun and safe trip!

Brandon and Mandee said...

I'm glad you had a good time. sorry that the weather wasn't warmer. Cute pictures of Rachel! It looked like she really loved the zoo.

Leslie Monson said...

Loved the pics! So good to have you here over spring break!

Love, MOM

Darren Johnson Family said...

Oh, looks like so much fun! I can't believe you didn't call me... Just kidding. I know that there's not even enought time to enjoy with family when you only have a few days. I'm glad that we can atleast keep in touch through blogs.

Robin and Stephenie said...

how fun we so need a trip!

Bryan and Sarah said...

Your spring break looks like it was so fun. I'm so glad that you got to see all the animals; the zoo is fun. It sounds like Rachel enjoys being neat and clean like you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love the zoo! Rachel had a blast it looks like! Cant wait to see you guys again for easter!