Austin and I met at BYU-Idaho in 2003. We were just casual friends when I went on a mission to Brazil. Austin tried to write me a letter once, but it never made it. Luckily, he was still single when I returned to Rexburg for my senior year. He was in touch with some of my friends and was able to track me down. We dated for a few months. Austin was already a high school teacher about 30 minutes away, so he had to travel to my apartment several times a week to date me. Then my student teaching assignment came, and I had to spend the summer at an inner-city school in Las Vegas. (This was to be the test of our relationship.)
Two days before I moved to Nevada, I went to a teacher's fair. I interviewed with dozens of school districts. And guess who offered me a job? Even before I had completed my student teching? Yep. The same school district where Austin was already a teacher. I think it is safe to say that all roads were leading me back to him.
We still had to get through the summer long-distance thing--I mean, I needed my degree, right? But it was good for us. Lots of long visits on the phone strengthened the friendship aspect of our relationship... And he did come to visit me a few times....those were some of our best dating memories.
So, I returned to Idaho, took my first teaching job, and lived with my teacher-friend, Holly. About a month after my return, Austin propsed to me. At that point, we were both ready to take the plunge! And three years later...not a single regret.
10 comments:
Congrats on your anniversary! 3 years is awesome!
Congratulations on 3 years of marriage!! You two are PERFECT for each other!! :)
Happy Anniversary! I agree with Keri - you two fit together just right. You're wedding pictures are beautiful!
aw! i'm so glad you posted this, now i feel like i'm kinda caught up. marriage is the best.
xo
Thanks for a wonderful three years together. I'm looking forward to many more. I love you. Te quiero tanto!
Austin
Happy anniversary! And congrats on 3 years! I'm so glad you're happy... you sure deserve it!
Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute together.
LOVE the wedding pictures...I didn't ever get to see them, you looked gorgeous! Congratulations on 3 years and MANY more!
Great story of how you met! You seem so happy together. I love the pictures from your wedding day - you look beautiful!
What a beautiful story (and a beautiful couple). I'm so glad you are happy and well. You look just as young and even more pretty than you did back when you were my sister's roommate at BYU-I. I always admired you and thought you were so fun! Your little family is so cute.
Post a Comment