"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." ~Anthony Brandt
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Up Goes the Tree.
It was so hard for me to wait until after Thanksgiving this year. The Christmas season is just too short. We actually decided to decorate our house the day before Turkey Day. We put up our tree while Rachel was napping. As you can see, it is sandwiched between our couches in the corner. The idea was to keep Rachel from destroying our ornaments.
And it was successful! When she reaches as far as she can, she is still a few inches away from reaching the tree. The new couch arrangment makes the living room a little cramped, but somehow I think it will be worth not having to puppy-guard the tree.
We also put up our cute Santa that I found for 40% off at the craft store last year. Rachel learned how to say "Sah-ta" very quickly. (At least we taught her how to say "Jesus" first, right?) Last year Rachel could barely pull the tissue paper out of her Christmas gift bags. I think we'll have more fun with her this year. I love the holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love how you've protected your tree from Rachel - great idea! I hope you have a great Christmas season!
Beautiful tree!!! So clever how you "Rachel-proofed" it!!! (c: Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving! Btw, love the music, I just put the exact same song on mine!!!
Oh it looks like fun... I love this time of year... this is yo neba... neighbor... heidi... send me your e-mail address to heidibugg@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog!!! :)
We should have done that with our tree! Even though my kids are 2 and 4, they have taken off every ornament that they could reach and all the ribbon around it (like yours)! Ugg, it's so frustrating to do things over and over. Don't they know I have other things to do? Your tree looks beautiful!
Post a Comment