Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sun Valley

So, I don't want to be annoying, and I'm not trying to brag about my husband. But I really want to share our most recent adventure. Last week, Austin came home with flowers and this envelope...

Inside were dinner and hotel reservations in Sun Valley. He made arrangements with his mom to babysit Rachel. (I might not have had the guts to leave her overnight for the first time, if he hadn't.) I can't believe he kept it a secret from me until three days before we left! It was very sweet and very romantic.

We had a gift card with money that we had to spend on the resort, which forced us to splurge on things we never would have done. We went to a fancy restaurant for dinner, visited the Sawtooth Botanical Gardens, and tried our hand at horseback riding (a first for both of us.)

We had a wonderful time. Admittedly, I did miss Rachel. However, I've learned one important thing: you can call it a "trip" if you bring your kids, but it's only a "vacation" when you're kid-free.

7 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

Oh, how fun. What a good husband to do something like that. And I totally agree about the whole "kid" thing.
It looks like you two had a great time.

Alisha said...

What a wonderful gesture! You sure should brag about your wonderful husband!

Robin and Stephenie said...

What a cute husband you have I am so glad you got to do something fun. I love getting away with just robin. I do want to ask you were you always looking for the diaper bag. I always feel like I left something in the car.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Yeah, when your husband does something that fantastic, you should totally brag about it!!! (c: It is definitely a bittersweet thing leaving your little one for the first time, but AMEN to the difference between a trip and a vacation!!!

Brandon and Mandee said...

That's great! It sounds like you two had a fun time! I liked the end part about the difference between a trip and a vacation. I agree completely at least while kids are young. hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

How fun. It's good you still do things like that together.

Christina said...

Hello! Thanks for the email. I've sent you an invitation to my blog. Krystal, I actually saw you at our reunion- sorry we never met. What a cute little family you have.

And go ahead and brag, he deserves it. Looks like you had a great time.