Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Company!

We live close to my in-laws (which is great), but I don't get to see my own family nearly enough! The phone just doesn't cut it. So visits are always fun. Last week, Rachel got to spend some time with her Uncle Jared and her other grandparents. Jared was a cute uncle and a good sport, being the only teenager around. Rachel had fun with him.
My parents just spoiled Rachel every SECOND of the time they spent here. (It's just they way they are with grandkids.) But Rachel loved it. She would smile and make the "come here" signal with her hands every time they walked into the room. Then she would run over and hug their legs. So, she is definitely not shy around them...even though she doesn't see them often.
We went to a Halloween Boutique, Christmas shopping, hiking, and Austin took them frisbee golfing while I went to a primary program rehearsal. (Yes, I'm the music leader.) It was a great few days, and I think it passed way too quickly.

4 comments:

Brooke and BJ said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to see your cute family! I'm really glad to know about your blog too :)

Anonymous said...

I wish i could have come seen you too! Im way way way excited to see Rachel walk in person! Christmas will be so much fun!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

There really isn't any substitute for your own family!!! Grandparents are so good at spoiling the grandkids!!!

Elliot's Magah said...

Krystal - I love seeing your cute family! Brooke showed me your blog and I am so glad I get to keep up with what is going on in your life. Your baby girl is precious!